Saturday, February 16, 2008

BUT IT WAS TOO LATE....

I set my eyes on the intense agony;

And she laughed, laughed and laughed;

I asked her to go away,... in vain;

But she would not part.


“You invited me in love and pleasure;

How can I go away now?”

She looked at me with unfathomable love;

(and said) “You have to reap whatever you sow.”


Fortune came at the doorstep;

Begging me to chase agony out.

I looked on with helpless eyes;

For I was wholly drained out.


Fortune cried while agony laughed;

Both were keen to abide,

Love, trust and cajole failed;

In favor of agony’s side.


Agony said:

“You looked for me in wine, women & wealth,

And I came here to your side;

Now you want to divorce me out;

When I have become your bride!”


Hearing this, the fortune fled;

With deep anguish on her face,

“Don’t go, please don’t go.” I cried,

But it was too late...

No comments: